Lying in a heavenly green bower, this property is a pure jewel that lovers of old rocks, high-quality materials and ancient objects will appreciate at its fair value. This property is composed of a main dwelling house dating back to the 18 th century, proof of the great love that its owners put in its restauration with due respect for its original character and of a second house/gite currently rented on a piece of land of 2,7 Ha.
The main house:
The ground floor (150 m2) offers you:
- A magnificent open space (87,68 m2) with stone walls, lime and sand walls, tiled floor comprising a lounge with its big traditional fireplace made of apparent stones and briquettes, equipped with a stainless steel tube up to the roof,a dining area and a fitted kitchen with chestnut and oak furnitures and granite worktops , fully equipped with high quality household appliances and with a magnificent marble sink.
- A cellar (6,40 m2) with sink, washing-machine, tumble-dryer, hot water tank, from which you can directly access the garage or the kitchen.
- An entrance hall (10 m2), very luminous thanks to its 2 double glazed electrical roof windows equipped with remotecontrolled aluminum rolling shutters. From the hall, a PVC double-glazed French window, equipped with aluminum rolling shutters, opens to the back side of the house.
4 custommade chestnut and oak doors reproducing the same design as on the threshold and kitchen furnitures distribute:
- A cellar (4,94 m2)
- A laundry (7,25 m2) with a hot water tank and storage space.
- A big toilet (2,73 m2) with wash basin, electrical radiator, and double glazed window.
- A magnificent bathroom (10,85 m2) with 2 antique washbasins, a bidet, an italian shower, a toilet area,a big towel radiator, brightly enlightened by 2 double glazed bay windows.
The first floor (100 m2) has got a double wooden floor with sound and heat insulation ; it is covered with carpet.The walls are in apparent stones and the ceilings are in wood. It shelters:
- A large mezzanine (41,60 m2) .
- A beautiful large bedroom (26,80 m2) where one of the closet was originally a door giving access to the gite. It can be reopened if needed to lead to 3 more bedrooms.
- A second bedroom (26,24 m2).
The whole house is very well heated particularly thanks to a heat pump with 4 units and several functions: heating, air conditioning, dehumidifier, ioniser.
The electricity has been refurbished. You will notice quality details like the sockets assorted with the environment: brass, rusty iron, porcelain.
The ground has been insulated, and all the water and sewage disposal systems changed.
The back of the building was totally insulated in 2007.
The adjacent gite can be opened again through old doors downstairs and upstairs to permit a direct access between the 2 houses if needed.
The gite is 93 m2 and stands on a piece of land of 1000 m2, with a landscaped garden, a terrace, 2 big garden sheds with electricity, a clothes horse and a car park for 2 vehicles.
On the first floor (45 m2), you discover:
- A living-room (38 m2)with its fitted kitchen equipped with a gas cook top, electrical oven and extractor hood.
- A fully tiled bathroom with marble double sink and shower.
- Independent fully tiled toilets.
A beautiful staircase, whose pillar is an original cast iron lampost from the town of Pau leads you to the first floor (45 m2) where a little hall distributes 3 bedrooms, 2 of which have got Prussian marble mantels.
The whole house is well heated with baseboard radiators, fuel central heating.
Next to the house, a boiler room.
The house is in good condition and has been rented for 6 years now (600€/month).
The outbuildings have got stone walls and new rooves and are settled in a U shape.
The 1st outbuilding (104,52 m2) is adjacent to the house and comprises:
- A real wine cellar (12,40 m2) with cellar air-conditioning and dehumidifier, 2 walls in apparent stones and 2 in lime stones, ground covered with lava stones on beaten soil, electricity with 3 wall-mounted luminaires and a secured door.
- A parking plot for a camping van of 7,50 m high.
- A toilet with stone walls!
- A tank of 1500 litres.
- An attic (16 m2) accessible with a wooden staitcase.
The second outbuilding (187,61 m2) is adjacent to the first and comprises:
# An open covered space:
- 1 horse box.
- The parking plot of the tractor.
- The parking plot of 2 cars.
- 2 grain silos containing 3 tons.
- An electrical grain crusher.
# A closed space with:
- 3 horse boxes with automatic water balls.
- A hens house with direct exit to the pen.
- A little sheep pen.
- 10 hutches.
- A drinking water tap.
- A wooden staircase to access the hay-loft.
- An electrical fence (brand Occitane).
# The 3rd outbuilding (40,70 m2) is enlightened by 2 remotecontrolled lamposts. It shelters 4 old pigsties that are used today as storage place.
The magnificent park and garden offer a richness and variety of plants comparable to a true botanic garden and invite you to relish in relaxation thanks to the the peaceful whispers of the fountains and pond flowing and the bucolic countryside around you.
The stone fountain and well are equipped with a submersible pump, the well providing water for the vegetable garden and for the ornamental pond with a closed circuit waterfall.
Terraces and alleys are covered with stones from the Vaucluse.
The 2 beautiful terraces are enlightened by antique cast-iron lamposts.
The ornamental park is completed with fruit trees and a vegetable garden.
The plot of land has also got:
- Meadows with a big wooden shelter for horses (30 m2), an automatic waterbowl with drinking water, a rain water tank of 1000 litres.
- A wood of 4000 m2 with centenial oaks, chestnuts among others.
- A fenced hens house with fruit trees.
- A fenced sheep pen.
At the outskirt of a little village in the Hautes Pyrenes, at the limit of the Atlantic Pyrenees, it is located in a dead end in front of the Pyrenees chain.
2 airports nearby: Tarbes at 18 kms and Pau 40 kms.
VIC-EN-BIGORRE and its famous market, its cinema, shops and commodities is at 8 kms.
Tarbes and its commercial centres: 13 kms.
The beaches are 1h30 and ski resorts and Spain are 1 h.
The price shown for this property is FAI, (Frais d´agence inclus), the agency fees are included in the shown price and paid by the seller. You can review our agency rates and pricing policy via our info pages above or by clicking this link.
BNP Paribas International Buyers is the leading European specialist lender for international buyers of residential properties in France and Italy.
With more than 20 years of experience, BNP Paribas International Buyers is dedicated towards assisting its clients throughout the buying process, from the initial search for the best mortgage solution right up to the payment of the final installment.
BNP Paribas International Buyers can also help you with foreign exchange and international money transfer, home protection etc.